The National Geoscience Conference (NGC) 2017 is the 30th edition of this historic conference. The conference first convened in 1987 and since then, the number of participants consistently increasing with topics over a wide range of areas. This annual conference has been a landmark event for the geosciences sector in Malaysia with participants ranging from students, private and public sectors local identities to international bodies aiming to share expertise with the Malaysian geoscience community.
NGC 2017 in conjunction with the 50th anniversary of the Geological Society Malaysia aims to expand this event to a higher level than before. Apart from local participants, influx of foreign expertise willing to share their knowledge are welcomed and thus, lifting the prestige of the event in the eye of regional geosciences communities.
1. Engineering Geology and Rock Mechanics, featuring Environmental Geology and Hydrogeology
2. Petroleum Geology
3. Mineral Resources
4. Professionalism, Ethics and Education in Geosciences
5. Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation
6. Geoheritage, Geoparks and Geotourism
7. Regional Geology and Others
Submit your abstract before 1 June 2017