In accordance with Article VII of the Constitution, notice is hereby given that the 51st Annual General Meeting of the Geological Society of Malaysia will be held:
at Persatuan Alumni Universiti Malaya (PAUM) Club House
Jalan Susur Damansara (Jalan Damansara Lama), Off Jalan Gegambir, Kuala Lumpur | Tel: 03-2093 1235 | http://umalumni.my/ on Friday, 21 April 2017 at 5.30 pm.
Registration is between 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
The Agenda for the Annual General Meeting is as follows:
1. Welcoming Address by the President for Session 2016/2017
2. Confirmation of Minutes of the 50th AGM held on the 29th April 2016
3. Matters arising
4. Annual Report for Session 2016/2017
Honorary Auditor’s Report
GSM Endowment Fund Report
5. GSM Endowment Fund: Board of Trustee - Appointment of a new Chairman and at least 3 independent Full Members
6. Election of Honorary Auditor
7. Other Matters, of which written notice is submitted to reach GSM Secretariat by the 14 April 2017 or by majority vote of the AGM
8. Announcement of New Council for 2017/2018
9. Presidential Address for 2017/2018
Please note that no Other Matters shall be discussed, unless prior written notice is received by the 14 April 2017 (at least 7 days before the meeting) or by majority vote of the Annual General Meeting. This is in accordance with the Article VII, Section 4 of the Constitution.
GEOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF MALAYSIA
The Geological Society of Malaysia will be holding its Annual Dinner in conjunction with the 2016 AGM. The details of the event are as follows:
Time: 7.00 pm
Venue: Persatuan Alumni Universiti Malaya (PAUM) Club House, Jalan Susur Damansara (Jalan Damansara Lama), Off Jalan Gegambir, Kuala Lumpur | Tel: 03-2093 1235 | http://umalumni.my/
Cost: Member (Attending AGM 2017) - RM30.00 per person
Member& Partner (Only attend dinner) - RM60.00 per person
Others - RM80.00 per person
Dress: Smart Casual
Most costs have gone up these days but the Council tries to keep the cost of the annual dinner down for equally good food hopefully. Please make every effort to come with your partner, family and friends to this annual event and renew your friendship and network with other members. Please fill the slip below and return with payment before the 14th April 2017 to the GSM Secretariat. Payment can be through a cheque, made out to the Geological Society of Malaysia. Online payment may be made to account no. 794 105402263, Standard Chartered Bank. Please print out a copy of the Payment Receipt and attach it to the slip for our verification purpose.